Cleaning, degreasing, corrosion protection and paint adhesion in 1 simple process step
To replace solvents, to improve corrosion protection and paint adhesion
Can be applied on steel, galvanized steel, aluminum, magnesium and stainless steel, amongst others
MM31 ® is an innovative chemical pre-treatment from AD Chemicals. The product combines the worlds of mechanical and chemical pre-treatment. In the field of pre-treatment methods, mechanical pre-treatment (such as blasting or sanding) followed by a coating system is common practice. What would be the result if a mechanical pre-treatment could be combined with the added value of a chemical pre-treatment?
Contact us for more information
+31 (0) 167 526 900
By applying MM31 ® directly after a mechanical pre-treatment, the two worlds come together. This results in a clean, ready to coat surface and a quality improvement of the coated substrate on both corrosion protection and paint adhesion properties. This is the result of forming of a conversion layer. The product also offers protection against flash rust and undercreep corrosion, allowing an extended storage time of up to 48 hours.
Conversion layer, chromium-3 basis
MM31 creates a chromium-3 based protective conversion layer, which is formed on the metal by a chemical reaction with MM31 ®, whereby the metal itself contributes to the formation of the layer. This layer provides a more uniform metal surface.
Benefits of MM31 ®
- The conversion layer applied with MM31 ® improves adhesion of powdercoating or wet paint and increases the corrosion protection properties.
- Flash rust resistance on steel products, white rust protection on zinc, improved bare metal corrosion resistance on aluminum
- Allows an extended storage time prior to coating up to 48 hours
- Full chemical pre-treatment applied in one process step. MM31 ® replaces therefore a pre-treatment line with a simple process without the need for heated baths and the use of heavy chemicals.
- Results are similar or better than the requirements of international quality standards such as FROSIO, NACE, GSB, Qualicoat and Qualisteelcoat
- Replace solvents in the business process with a user-friendly and non-aggressive chemical. Protect employees against exposure to harmful substances
- Waterbased, Chrome (VI) Free, Free of Hazard Symbols
- 1 product for both cleaning/degreasing and applying a chemical pre-treatment
- Multi-metal: MM31 ® can be applied on steel, galvanized steel, aluminum, magnesium and stainless steel, amongst others.
Video: MM31® features
This video explains the MM31 ® technology and advantages.
This demonstration video shows the ease of applying MM31 ® in various pre-treatment processes in practice and gives insight in test results such as salt spray tests.
One step pretreatment
AD Chemicals supplies a range of chemicals that can be easily implemented in traditional “mechanical” pre-treatment processes to improve cleanliness of the metal surface or enhance corrosion protection and paint adhesion properties.
AD Chemicals has developed a range of specialized cleaners that can be used to replace solvents in a wide variety of processes. Cost-effective, safe and efficient.