Replacement for traditional iron phosphating processes
Excellent corrosion protection and paint adhesion
Save on costs
Improved cleaning performance
Use PreCoat CPF to save costs on pretreatment by replacing your traditional iron phosphating processes. With PreCoat CPF you can achieve a more sustainable, qualitatively improved, and environmental friendlier process. Moreover, you can improve the level of the corrosion protection and paint adhesion.
Contact us for more information
+31 (0) 167 526 900
PreCoat CPF makes it possible to achieve a chromate-, phosphate-, and silicate- free pretreatment while replacing traditional phosphating processes. This results in a more sustainable process with sublime quality and less environmental pollution. Properties of PreCoat CPF include perfect paint adhesion and improved corrosion protection for powder coating and wet painting. Furthermore, it degreases and applies a conversion/passivation layer in one step with almost no sludge formation. It is important to note that PreCoat can be applied in a much lower temperature (15-30º) instead of normal iron phosphating processes (50º).
The product is multi-metal; next to metal and iron, the product can be applied to surfaces of aluminium and galvanized steel.
Save costs on pretreatment
- Lower temperature: works on a lower temperature and saves energy costs.
- Multi-metal: the product can be applied multi-metal. Besides iron and steel, aluminium and galvanized steel can be treated.
- Improved cleaning: better cleaning performance than traditional processes. By applying new detergents, grease and oil can be effectively removed.
- None (to a small amount) of sludge formation
- Corrosion protection:
- Aluminium: up to 1000 hrs AASS with 1 layer of powder coating. Up to 1200 hrs AASS with a 2 layer powder coating on aluminium.
- Steel: 480 up to 720 hrs NSS with 1 layer of powder coating and up to 1000 hrs NSS with two layers.
- Paint adhesion: strongly improved in comparison to traditional phosphating.
- Waste water processing: phosphate free product, easier to process.
PreCoat CPF is a replacement for every standard iron phosphating process including:
- Spray installations
- Dipping baths
- Washing machines
- Pressure washers
PreCoat CPF Conversioncoating
The product degreases and applies a conversion/ passivation layer in one step. This method involves none to a small amount of sludge formation. It is important to note that PreCoat CPF can be used in lower temperature (15-30º) instead of normal phosphating processes (50º).
Durability and extended end-use life are demands that consumers take for granted and of which they expect continuous improvement year on year. Paint adhesion and corrosion resistance are critical factors in keeping end-use applications in a condition that is expected to remain in place for their usable life time.
Bare corrosion protection (passivation)
Passivation treatments, that are applied in-line, form a barrier to corrosion and form a suitable layer for post painting operations. Passivation products are both economic and effective in use.
AD Chemicalso has expert knowledge and offers a wide variety of chemicals and additives for the anodizing process.