Thin organic film (TOC) for coil coating, pretreatment and primer with one chemical technology
A water-based functional coating purposely developed to improve corrosion resistance of zinc based alloys
Multi-metal; standard zinc, electrogalvanized zinc, Galvalume®, Galvannealed, magnesium-aluminium-zinc alloys, Alusi® and Galfan®.
PrimeCoat TOC pretreatment Z93x-series is the productportfolio for PrimeCoat® products that can be used as a TOC (or Passivation). Based on trivalent chromium.
Contact us for more information
+31 (0) 167 526 900
PrimeCoat® Z93x-series benefits
- Trivalent chrome-based modular TOC product
- Water-based chemistry and VOC (solvent-free)
- TOC, Passivation and or primer replacement with one chemical technology
- Low dry film coating weight
- Excellent appearance, even at higher coating weights
- Passivation properties, enabling excellent corrosion resistance even when no primer is used
- Corrosion resistance surpassing Cr(VI) passivation
- Good adhesion properties
- Compatible with a range of paint systems; excellent paintability after PrimeCoat treatment
- Easy application (chemcoater or spray/squeeze)
- Excellent lubrication & mechanical properties to reduce galling in deep drawing operations (adjustable CoF)
- Drying at low PMT (>40°C)
- Key product parameters can be adapted to customer needs
Modular system Z93x series
A unique aspect of PrimeCoat® Z93x products is that they can be tailored to specific customer processes based on a modular system. By changing the product concentration or adding certain specialty additives specific product properties can be enhanced while maintaining good overall quality. If the application concentration is increased the product obtains TOC based characteristics, such as improved:
- Corrosion resistance
- Mechanical resistance
- Adhesion properties
- Anti-fingerprint properties
At a lower application concentration (<50%) it can be used as a high performing passivation. Convinced? Plan a test today!
Thin Organic Coatings
Thin Organic Coatings (TOC’s) are applied in a continuous process to hot dip galvanized steel strip and other metal substrates, and can offer a wide range of benefits from anti-fingerprinting to improving, forming and enabling enhanced corrosion protection.
‘White rust’ the enemy of zinc coated steel strips, is in itself a form of corrosion that occurs during storage and is unacceptable for critical applications in, white goods, construction and other industries.
Durability and extended end-use life are demands that consumers take for granted and of which they expect continuous improvement year on year. Paint adhesion and corrosion resistance are critical factors in keeping end-use applications in a condition that is expected to remain in place for their usable life time.
Cleaners and specialty additives
Oils and greases used during processing as well as other forms of surface contamination must be removed. This can be achieved using either acid or alkaline based cleaners depending on the nature of the contamination and the type of metal substrate.
Booster lubricants reduce the wear and tool pollution during pressing of metal sheets.