Alternative for Chrome (VI) based conversion coatings, chrome (III) basis
Tested at independent institute for 3000 hours of corrosion protection
Meets Qualicoat and GSB standards
PreCoat TVL is a trivalent chromium based conversion coating for aluminum. It is an excellent alternative for hexavalent chromium when you are looking for a robust process on alumunium, but also process zinc-based alloys.
Contact us for more information
+31 (0) 167 526 900
PreCoat TVL is used to obtain a clear, no-rinse conversion coating on aluminium extrusions and panels. After pre-treatment with PreCoat, the wet film is dried on the aluminium surface without additional rinsing prior to the powder coating.
- It is suitable in spraying, immersion and cascade processes.
- Qualicoat and GSB approval.
- Provides good protection to filiform corrosion
- Gives excellent adhesion with organic coatings.
More than 15 years of experience
AD Chemicals had been a leader in the field of hexavalent chromium alternatives for more than 15 years. With PreCoat TVL you can rely on a pretreatment system that performs when you need it most.
Independently tested by IFO Germany
“Is the requirement of 1000 hours corrosion resistance which Qualicoat prescribes enough?”
AD Chemicals doubts this statement of Qualicoat. When you only focus on the 1000 hours corrosion resistance, that has been described in the past, Qualicoat is right. However, the corrosion resistance of chromium (VI) based pretreatments fulfills the 2500 hours. This was a fair value for Chromium (VI) based pretreatments on Aluminium. AD Chemicals has investigated their chromium-free systems on the corrosion resistance of 3000 hours and compared it with the traditional chromium(VI) systems.
Internal research shows that the chrome(III) based pretreatment of AD Chemicals PreCoat TVL achieved a corrosion resistance of 2500-3000 hours. So AD Chemicals goes for long corrosion resistance.
Results AASS 3000 hours
Results after 3000 hours AASS according DIN EN ISO 9227 performed by IFO (Germany).
Advantages of PreCoat
- PreCoat has superior paint adhesion properties, it outperforms competitors when tested for bending, punching and cutting aluminium in subsequent processes
- PreCoat has the most optimal layer thickness available
- Exclusive technology based on more than 20 years of experience with special polymers in coil coating continous processes. This high-end technology is transferred to batch wise processes. Your advantage: a more homogenic conversion layer.
- PreCoat offers easy to measure bath parameters ensuring reliable quality control on your baths
- PreCoat products have less deposition in comparison with competitive products. Saving you money.
- The polymers used in PreCoat chemisty (within conversion layer) are optimally packed in comparison to the products of competitors providing better bonding/paint adhesion properties between the substrate and coating layer.
Exceeding the market standard
AD Chemicals has more than 15 years of experience in developing and supplying chromium(VI)-free pre-treatment products. It has built a track record of working for renown aluminium processing companies all around the globe.
Durability and extended end-use life are demands that consumers take for granted and of which they expect continuous improvement year on year. Paint adhesion and corrosion resistance are critical factors in keeping end-use applications in a condition that is expected to remain in place for their usable life time.
Bare corrosion protection (passivation)
Passivation treatments, that are applied in-line, form a barrier to corrosion and form a suitable layer for post painting operations. Passivation products are both economic and effective in use.
AD Chemicalso has expert knowledge and offers a wide variety of chemicals and additives for the anodizing process.